Most weeknights I rummage through the fridge and pantry looking for what I can pull together for dinner, often flicking through pinterest or food magazines for easy mid-week dinners. I’ve often admired the colourful seafood and mixed paellas, thinking they would be fairly complex dishes to pull together. Recently I came across this simple Chicken & Chorizo Paella, which for a first attempt was full of flavour and cooked perfectly (even if I’m the judge).
The original recipe included prawns but I omitted this ingredient and made some other slight variations. My tip is prepare all the ingredients before you start to cook this dish to ensure you are organised, and use as few pots and pans as possible 🙂
- ½ onion diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek chopped
- 2 chicken thighs roughly chopped
- 1 chorizo sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes chopped in half
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1½ cup chicken stock
- 30ml white wine
- pinch of chilli flakes
- small bunch of flat leaf parsley
- teaspoon of paprika and cumin
- Heat wok fry pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Fry onion and leek until soft and transparent. Add paprika and cumin and stir.
- Fry chorizo until browned followed by chicken in batches until all cooked.
- Add rice and stir until well coated. Pour in white wine and stir until absorbed. Gradually add stock stirring through until absorbed. Once rice is al dente add tomatoes and stir through and serve with chopped flat leaf parsley.