I’m going to come out and say it…I just love cauliflower! There you go! I have declared my love in a public forum. But all jokes aside, cauliflower is just such a versatile vegetable, be it in, pasta, soups, salads, or just enjoyed on its own.
This recipe is a great winter dish and can also be enjoyed with wild rice and a whole host of other vegetables and ingredients so experiment and have fun with different flavours and textures.
- 1 whole cauliflower head, chopped up into smaller florets
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into discs and then quarters
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch of parsley chopped
- 1 small bunch of mint leaves roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to grill 180ºc. Line a baking dish with bake paper.
- Place cauliflower florets and chopped sweet potato onto baking dish and sprinkle with sea salt and extra virgin olive oil. Place under the grill for approx 10 – 20 minutes or until cooked. You may want to cook sweet potato on a separate dish as these will cook much faster than cauliflower.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before placing in serving bowl.
- Chop parsley and mint and sprinkle over the roasted vegetables.
- Break up pecans and walnuts and add to dish.
- Mix remaining olive oil and juice of 1 lemon with salt and pepper and drizzle over the vegetables. Toss through and serve.
As mentioned you can mix through jasmine, wild rice and or quinoa. Feel free to add in other vegetables such as sauteed kale, red cabbage, olives etc.