As a kid I was never one for fruit in my salads, I struggled with the combination of fruit and vegetables as a concept. I would pick out bits of orange if it was in a garden salad and couldn’t understand the whole pear and spinach pairing. Over time, my tastebuds matured and I began trying new things. Since creating this blog that desire to try new flavours and experiment has grown and grown, much to my parents’ surprise!
This grilled peach, pine nuts and halloumi salad was such a crowd pleaser and I look forward to creating it again soon! Once again, try where possible to buy your fruit and vegetables from a farmer’s market or specialty fruit and veg shop to ensure you are getting current seasonal produce that is packed with flavour.
- 3 yellow peaches, cut into quarters
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach & rocket mixed
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- 200g haloumi cheese
- dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic
- Heat a grill pan or skillet on high heat.
- Brush the peaches with a little olive oil and place cut side down on the grill. Leave on the grill for a few minutes, but be careful not to burn them!
- Grill the haloumi slices on both sides until just soft.
- Toast pine nuts on the hot grill until lightly coloured.
- Arrange the rocket and spinach on a platter, scatter with slices of the grilled peaches, haloumi and pine nuts.
- For the dressing mix a tablespoon of lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and balsamic. Drizzle over the salad and serve.