Figs are in abundance at my place at the moment….and for the record, I am not complaining one iota! I am however, in need of more exciting and inspiring recipes. Cue – pinterest, enter stage left!
While the recipe I found included halloumi and only rocket I’ve mixed it up based on what was in my fridge.
- 4 ripe figs
- ½ pomegranate
- mixed rocket and spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinaigrette
- lemon juice from half a lemon
- Wash spinach and rocket leaves, spin and place in a shallow salad bowl.
- Break up the pomegranate and spread over the leaves.
- Wash, peel and chop the figs. Depending on your preference you can leave the skin on the figs.
- In a small jar mix, olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice and drizzle of the raspberry vinaigrette. Shake well and drizzle over salad.
- Serve immediately.