Normally I’m more of a crepe fan, however since trying out this buttermilk pancakes recipe, I’m almost a convert! Fluffy and light, buttermilk pancakes make for a delicious breakfast treat or evening dessert. This recipe is easy and straightforward to create. Mix up the fruit to your taste with either strawberries, raspberries or even a combination of all three.
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- Sift flour into a bowl.
- Create a shallow hole in the middle of the flour, and crack the egg.
- Add buttermilk and mix with a fork until well combined.
- Heat a frypan and grease with butter
- Spoon in batter to desired size and thickness and cook until bubbles form.
- Stack pancakes and cover with maple syrup. Garnish with blueberries.