This baked salmon with capers recipe is a super-easy to make mid-week meal packed with so much flavour! Served on a bed of wilted spinach and a side of avocado drizzled with lemon juice and olive oil.
- 2 Atlantic Salmon Fillets (Skin on)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- ¼ red onion diced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- sea salt & pepper
- 350g baby spinach
- Preheat normal oven to 210ºc.
- Squeeze juice of 1 lemon and mix with extra virgin olive oil (about 4 tablespoons) in a bowl. Add drained capers, red onion, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Place the salmon fillets in an oven proof dish. Pour marinade over the fillets and then place aside for 30 minutes (you can put this in the fridge – mine were still thawing out so I left them to completely defrost).
- Grate a small amount of the lemon peel onto the fillets for added flavour.
- Once the oven reaches the desired temperature, place fillets in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate sauce pan boil some water and add baby spinach to wilt. Once wilted drain and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy with a glass of riesling!