A slight variation on a favourite salmon pasta. Enjoy this easy-to-make mid-week meal with a glass of chardonnay.
Smoked Salmon, Kalamata Olives and Capers spaghettini
- 50g Huon Cold Smoked Salmon
- 300g spaghettini
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup of Kalamata olives, pitted
- ½ cup of parsely, chopped
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- salt, pepper
- olive oil (for cooking)
- extra virgin olive oil (for dressing)
- drizzle of ½ lemon juice
- Boil a pot of water over medium heat. Add a spoonful of table salt to the water once boiling.
- Add spaghettini to boiling water and cook to packet instructions. Generally around 10 minutes for al dente.
- In a separate pan, fry onion and capers with olive oil. Add kalamata olives and dry white wine and allow to reduce. Add in parsley, salt and pepper and allow to reduce slightly.
- Once spaghettini is cooked, remove and drain. Pour over the reduction.
- Break up the smoked salmon and add to the top of dish. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and lemon juice.