Summer is for salads! Like Bees are to honey, they are my staple in the warmer months and a great way to feel refreshed and cleansed after a Christmas and New Year of indulgence, rich foods and gluttony.
A great salad for lunch or even as a side dish to lighter meat dishes.
- Handful of walnuts, crumbled
- Handful of pine nuts, lightly roasted
- 2 celery stems chopped
- 2 pink lady apples, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs of parsley, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Once all the ingredients have been prepared, toss into a bowl. Sprinkle lemon juice and olive oil over ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Voila!
Tip: You can add in extra seasonal produce such as Pomegranate or even currants or raisins.