After many attempts I have finally managed to nail that crispy crunch that you want when you eat crispy pork. Below is my simple recipe that is great for a mid-week meal or even one for the bbq when friends come over.
2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 leek, sliced thinly
Finely grated rind of 1/2 orange
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
7-8 pork rashers
- Pre-heat Fan Oven to 225°c, ensure the baking dish is also in the oven to heat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with the exception of the pork rashers. Whisk ingredients until you have a nice runny consistency.
- Add the pork rashers to the mixture ensuring each rasher is coated in the marinade. Set meat aside for 20-25 minutes if possible. I often use this time to set my table, and prepare any other salads or vegetables. View the Kale Salad Recipe here.
- Remove the dish from the oven and add the pork rashers. As the dish has pre-heated you will see the pork immediately start to sizzle, this will help to sear the meat and give it more crunch. With a basting brush, coat the rashers with some of the residual marinade. Don’t pour it over as this the meat will sit in the liquid and broil instead of roasting.
- Drop the temperature of the oven to 220°c and cook for approx 25 mins. Remove from the oven every 5 – 10 minutes to turn over the rashers and continue the coating process.
This dish is great with steamed rice or vegies. I decided to enjoy it with a Kale salad to balance the sweet and saltiness of the soy and honey and add a refreshing palate cleansing element.