After quite a few stays at Lindenwarrah in Milawa and loving their Bircher museli I decided I had to have a crack at replicating this delicious breakfast treat. I scoured the internet for some recipes and eventually ended up combining a few to get the mix I was happy with. Recipe below serves 6 in small tumblers. I enjoy making a bigger batch so there is some for the next day or so.
Bircher Museli Recipe
- 2 cups of Carmen’s Bircher Museli
- 1.5 cups of warmed apple juice
- 1 handful of almond flakes coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of warmed honey
- 1 tub of Gippsland Dairy Passionfruit twist yoghurt
- 1 Granny Smith Apple grated
- Combine 2 cups of Bircher Museli and warmed apple juice in a bowl, stir to ensure all museli is covered by the juice. Cover with cling wrap and pop in the fridge overnight.
- The next day remove museli from the fridge. Freshly grate the Granny Smith apple on a long fine grater, squeeze a dash of lemon over the apple to stop it from going brown, and then add to mix stirring it in. Add chopped almond flakes, Chia seeds and the warmed honey and stir through. Then add the yoghurt and mix well.
- Serve with fresh seasonal berries as per your taste or enjoy on it’s own.
I choose Gippsland Passionfruit twist yoghurt as this adds some extra fruit and a nice crunch with the passionfruit seeds.