Finding the perfect chocolate dessert can sometimes be quite tricky, trying to find the balance of not too sweet but still have that sugar hit.
I have discovered the perfect recipe for chocolate brownies. Makes approximately 12 squares.
- 150g unsalted butter, chopped
- 200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa) chopped
- 4 eggs
- 300g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 150g mixed walnuts, hazelnuts and macadamia nuts chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a rectangle baking pan (23cm x 30cm) and line with baking paper.
- Place chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over hot water until melted and combined, then set aside to cool.
- Using electric beaters, beat eggs, caster sugar and a pinch of salt in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Fold in cool chocolate mixture and plain flour followed by mixed nuts. Avoid over mixing to ensure some air bubbles are retained.
- Spoon mixture into the baking dish and pop into the oven for 25 – 30mins. When cooked the top should just start to slightly crack and when tested with a skewer will be dry and cooked.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan. Then remove from dish and place on a cooling rack. Slice in squares and dust with icing sugar before serving. Store in an airtight container.