Protein for lunch is generally on the menu in our household for Master Ethan (unless he is having an off day and eats only fruit…I digress) and I often include vegetables to make the dish more flavoursome.
- ¼ cup organic beef mince
- ¼ brown onion diced
- ½ cup carrot grated
- ½ cup zucchini grated
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped finely
- 2 chicken stock cubes (I make my own from my chicken soup which I freeze in ice-cube trays)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small pan heat olive oil and lightly fry onion. Once it’s transparent add the beef mince and cook till lightly brown.
- Add in the vegetables and the stock cube. Cover with a lid and cook for around 3-5 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Once done, remove from heat allow to cool slightly and then puree to your desired consistency.
You can substitute any vegetables with what you have on hand, other great choices include peas, pumpkin or sweet potato.
This batch is enough for 2-3 meals. Suitable for freezing.