A cooler summers day calls for baking, to fill the house with warm aromas. These muffins are more on the savoury side and aren’t too sweet, so a perfect afternoon treat for the kids and the adults 🙂
2½cups self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2/3 cup caster sugar
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1 cup milk
1 cup full-fat ricotta
250g punnet strawberries chopped
Demerara sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat normal oven to 180°C
- Line a muffin tray with 12 muffin cases.
- Sift flour and cinnamon into a large bowl. Add the caster sugar and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl place the eggs, butter and milk and whisk to combine. Add this contents to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Stir three-quarters of the ricotta and strawberries into the mixture.
- Fill muffin cases and then place remaining strawberries on top with ricotta.
- Sprinkle top of each muffin with demerara sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden.