I loourrrrveee dessert but gone are the days of spending a couple of hours playing with the Kitchen Aid whipping up a sweet treat for those sugar cravings. I need something quick and easy preferably something that will take under 10 minutes to prepare. Voila peach tartlets! With stonefruit in season now is the perfect time to whip these up as an afternoon tea snack, after dinner sugar hit or even when you are expecting guests.
I have found the yellow and pink peaches to work best but also try substituting blood plums.
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-2 large peaches sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ tablespoon ground ginger
- ¼ tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Heat normal oven to 180ºc and line a tray with bake paper
- Thaw puff pastry sheets.
- Mix in a small bowl brown sugar with lemon juice until slightly dissolved, then mix ground cinnamon and ginger.
- Drop sliced peaches into mixture to coat
- Once pastry sheets are thawed join two sheets together and cut into 6 rectangles.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon sugar.
- Arrange peach slices in a flan, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20mins until golden and fruit is soft.
Serve with ice-cream!